October 9, 1944 – April 13, 1945
View of the POW and prisoner camp Lengenfeld, 1945 (Flossenbürg Concentration Camp Memorial)
View of the POW and prisoner camp Lengenfeld, 1945 (Flossenbürg Concentration Camp Memorial). In the foreground, there is a fire protection pond. The barracks of the prisoner camp were already demolished.
Burying of the victims of the subcamp Lengenfeld, without date (Flossenbürg Concentration Camp Memorial).
In total about 1,000 prisoners. Half of them came from Poland, a quarter from the Soviet Union. French, German, Italian, Czech, and Hungarian Jews comprised larger groups.
Operating in two shifts, the prisoners manufactured parts for injection pumps for the “Leng-Werke”, a relocated factory of the Magdeburg Junkers-Werke.
From their place of work in a disused textile factory, the prisoners had to march two kilometers to their quarters along the Walkmühlenweg. POWs were also quartered in the camp, separated from the prisoners.
About 50 guards. After the war, detail leader Albert Roller was sentenced to death for mistreating and murdering prisoners.
246 deaths, most of whom were cremated in the Reichenbach crematorium.
On April 13, 1945, the camp was evacuated. The prisoners were forced on a death march southward, which claimed many lives. Near Haid (Bor) the march dispersed after the guards fled.
A grey stone pylon erected in 1946 stands at the cemetery of the location of the mass grave. On May 7, 1965, a memorial site for the victims of the camp was opened, built on the foundations of the former wash barracks.