May 20, 1944 – May 7, 1945
The former courthouse in Lobositz, 2019 (Flossenbürg Concentration Camp Memorial / Photo: Rainer Viertlböck)
List of prisoners in the "Radio Lobositz" detail, 1944 (National Archive Prague)
At first 10 prisoners arrived from Flossenbürg, later a further 14 came from Neuengamme. 24 skilled radio mechanics and technicians from France, Belgium, Germany, Poland, and other countries.
The radio mechanics were initially quartered in a gestapo prison at the "small fortress" in Theresienstadt and a former army camp in Leitmeritz, then once the construction work was completed in early 1945 at the latest, they were quartered in cells of the local courthouse in Lobositz
The technicians inventoried a stock of radio receivers in a mill in the neighboring Prosmik (Prosmyky) and Auscha (Úštěk), and set up a workshop for radio technology. At the Leitmeritz subcamp, the “Radio Lobositz” detail was temporarily deployed in the electrical installation of the underground factories.
Detail leader Haase and 22 watchmen. Comprised of war invalids, the guard squad treated the prisoners well. The members of the SS duty station also treated them decently. They were given extra food rations and via Czech civilians were able to receive packages.
On May 7, 1945, a day before the liberation by the Red Army, the camp was disbanded and the remaining prisoners were given release papers.