January 10, 1945 – mid-April 1945
Codename: "Dachs VII"
Aerial view of the former camp grounds in Mockethal-Zatzschke, 2019 (Flossenbürg Concentration Camp Memorial / Photo: Rainer Viertlböck)
Fence in Mockethal-Zatzschke, 2019 (Flossenbürg Concentration Camp Memorial / Photo: Rainer Viertlböck)
Initially 100 prisoners, mostly skilled craftsman. Thirty each Italian and Russian, 14 Poles, as well as people from nine other nations, among them 5 Jews. On April 13, 1945, 131 prisoners were registered in Mockethal.
Construction of barracks for a larger prisoner camp, roadworks for the Geilenberg unit. Edmund Geilenberg was given the task to revive the fuel industry, destroyed by air raids.
The prisoner camp was located in a sand quarry in the forest between Mockethal and Zatzschke. Male and female prisoners came from the destroyed subcamps Bernsdorf and Universelle in Dresden, and they were in part quartered separately.
Detail leader Erich von Berg along with 14 mostly older SS guards
Thirteen deaths are recorded in the Flossenbürg registers, witness accounts however have spoken of at least 53 deaths. Prisoners reported of executions by shooting. Deathly ill prisoners were sent to the Leitmeritz subcamp.
In mid-April, the prisoners were forced to march first in the direction of Erzgebirge. They were then brought to Leitmeritz and were liberated there about three weeks later.
A memorial stone is located on the former Nicolai Cemetery, today the Friedenspark ("Peace Park").
In 2015, an information panel in three languages was unveiled at the former location of the camp.