October 22, 1944 – end of April 1945
Former Reick factory owned by Zeiss Ikon, 2019 (Flossenbürg Concentration Camp Memorial / Photo: Rainer Viertlböck).
In October 1944, 200 mainly Polish and Russian women arrived from Auschwitz. At the end of February 1945, 200 Hungarian, single German-, French-, Greek-, Italian-, and Czech-Jewish women, along with Russian “civilian workers” (Zivilarbeiterinnen), arrived from Bergen-Belsen.
Production of munitions in the Ica factory of Zeiss-Ikon AG (Mügelner Straße 40), where the women were most likely also quartered.
Detail leader Olschewski, later Johann Heinz as well as four guards and 19 female overseers (end of January 1945), eight guards and 12 overseers (end of February 1945).
At least 23, some accounts say that 36 or more women died as a result of a typhus epidemic.
After the evacuation of the subcamp at the end of April, the women were marched off to the Erzgebirge and were liberated close to the Czech border by Soviet troops.
None. Located in the former factory today is an education center run by the Chamber of Industry and Commerce.