September 18, 1944 – March 28, 1945
Aerial view of the former factory grounds in Rochlitz, 2019 (Flossenbürg Concentration Camp Memorial / Photo: Rainer Viertlböck)
A transport of 200 Hungarian-Jews and one Russian arrived from Auschwitz. Another 200 Jewish women from Hungary, Poland, Greece, the Netherlands, Germany, and Italy arrived in February 1945 from Bergen-Belsen.
Production of aircraft hydraulics parts for the Mechanik GmbH. The women were first quartered in ground bunkers on a factory grounds, then in new barracks with comparably good food rations.
18 guards, 16 female overseers. The head overseer Marianne Essmann functioned as a detail leader. According to statements made by the women, the guards treated the prisoners relatively good.
No verified deaths
On March 18, 1945, the prisoners were sent to the subcamp Graslitz and were forced to continue marching from there by foot. In the beginning of May, they were liberated by units of the Red Army.