February 21, 1945 – April 13, 1945
Aerial view of the former factory grounds in Schönheide, 2018 (Flossenbürg Concentration Camp Memorial / Photo: Rainer Viertlböck).
50 men, of whom 17 were Czech, 12 Polish (among them 10 Jews), nine Germans (among them a Jew), along with single prisoners from eight other countries.
The prisoners, mostly skilled craftsman, were forced to build a barracks compound for up to 500 people. Some prisoners worked for R. Feuss, a company relocated from Berlin-Steglitz that produced aircraft equipment, in a disused textile factory. The prisoners were quartered in the so-called “Schurig factory.”
Detail leader Karl Freitag and 16 guards.
In the registers, three deaths are recorded.
Around April 13, 1945, the prisoners were presumably transferred to another camp to perform clearing work and after a few days forced to join the death march heading in the direction of Bohemia.
A monument for the victims of the death marches is located in the cemetery, with the inscription: “here rest those innocently murdered by the Nazi hordes.”