Gedächtnisallee 5
D-92696 Flossenbürg

+49 9603-90390-0

Plauen (Industriewerke AG) Subcamp

September 1944 – April 14, 1945

  • Former Industriewerke in Plauen, 2018 (Flossenbürg Concentration Camp Memorial / Photo: Rainer Viertlböck). Since 2022, the building is demolished.

  • Plan of the attic floor of the Industriewerke, September 27, 1944 (Landesarchiv Berlin). The room labelled “Lager” (compound) was where the prisoners were quartered, directly next to their workplaces.


300 women from the concentration camp Auschwitz, of whom over 200 were Polish, 40 Russian, 35 Italian, 4 Yugoslavian and one Croatian.

Forced labor and quarters

Due to suspicions of Typhus, the women were initially quarantined for three weeks. They then worked in manufacturing different types of lamps for Osram; following air raids they were deployed for debris clearing.

The women were quartered on the attic floor of the Industriewerke, a disused textile factory; the prisoners’ kitchen was set up in the basement.


Head overseer Hildegard Naujokat and 18 female overseers. Detail leader Dziobaka was responsible for all of the three subcamps in Plauen.

Death toll

No verified deaths

Disbanding of the camp / end of the war

The camp was disbanded on April 14, 1945; the prisoners were sent in the direction of Karlsbad (Karlovy Vary) and after a long death march were liberated near Tachau (Tachov).


An information point on site.